DreamHack Winter 2013 is upon us once again, hosted in Jönköping, Sweden starting November 28th through to December 1st. This years tournament will see 16 teams battle it out over 5 maps for the biggest CS:GO tournament to date! With a prize pool of $250,000 which was raised by the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive community we are in for an amazing tournament and close matches. The winners also receive the sweet trophy pictured below.
The team list is as follows:
3rd - 4th: $22,000
Group stage – Double elimination BO1
Playoffs – Single Elimination BO3
Game Settings: Maxrounds 15
de_train, de_inferno, de_dust2, de_nuke, de_mirage
15:30 – BYOC Qualification – Registration closed
17:00 – BYOC Qualification – Group stage – Round 1
18:30 – BYOC Qualification – Group stage – Round 2
19:30 – BYOC Qualification – Group stage – Round 3
21:00 – BYOC Qualification – Round of 16
22:15 – BYOC Qualification – Round of 4 – Semifinals
10:00 – Main Tournament – Group A – Match 1 & Match 2
11:00 – Main Tournament – Group A – Winner vs. Winner & Loser vs. Loser
12:00 – Main Tournament – Group A – Decider match
14:30 – Main Tournament – Group B – Match 1 & Match 2
15:30 – Main Tournament – Group B – Winner vs. Winner & Loser vs. Loser
16:30 – Main Tournament – Group B – Decider match
19:00 – Main Tournament – Round of 8 – Match 1 – BO3
22:15 – Main Tournament – Round of 8 – Match 2 – BO3
10:00 – Main Tournament – Group C – Match 1 & Match 2
11:00 – Main Tournament – Group C – Winner vs. Winner & Loser vs. Loser
12:00 – Main Tournament – Group C – Decider match
14:30 – Main Tournament – Group D – Match 1 & Match 2
15:30 – Main Tournament – Group D – Winner vs. Winner & Loser vs. Loser
16:30 – Main Tournament – Group D – Decider match
19:00 – Main Tournament – Round of 8 – Match 3 – BO3
22:15 – Main Tournament – Round of 8 – Match 4 – BO3
14:30 – Main Tournament – Semifinal 1 – BO3
18:00 – Main Tournament – Semifinal 2 – BO3
22:30 – Main Tournament – Grand Final – BO3
I'll be continuously updating this post with new information, so check back frequently. Also be sure to link your Twitch.tv account to Steam as you can receive badge drops in CS:GO
CS:GO has received quite a few updates as of late. Patch notes below.
Release Notes for 11/15/2013
- Reduced fade to black time to 0.3s to better hide enemy movement when playing with "mp_forcecamera 2".
- Buy Time now lasts the entire Warmup period.
- Fixed the Defuse Kit making a pickup sound that everyone could hear when walking over it.
- In official competitive mode players now accumulate end of round money even if they are disconnected at the moment when end of round money is awarded to their teammates.
- In official competitive mode players who disconnect from the game server while alive are treated as having committed suicide and don't receive end of round money for that round.
- Mirage improvements based on pro feedback
-- Raised skybox ceiling around T spawn
-- Rebuilt red building in T spawn to give more room for grenade throws
-- Fixed a bug where Ts could see into Bombsite A without exposing themselves
-- Added collision on tall box near CT stairs to prevent players getting onto it
-- Fixed a bug where a player could get onto boxes near ladder room alone
-- Added wider cover in mid, T side
-- Made CT sniper window in mid taller
-- Removed gaps where players could see through scaffolding in Bombsite A
-- Fixed various spots where you could see through crates in Bombsite A
-- Made it possible to shoot through a crate in Bombsite A
-- Smoothed out movement inside Palace
-- Added wider windows in Bombsite B apartment
-- Fixed a bug where a player could stand on the wall outside B apartment
-- Removed dark door underneath Bombsite B apartment
-- Added pretty flowers
-- Fixed invisible I-beam collision in hut/lobby
-- Made railings on balcony near Bombsite A and CT spawn easier to see through
- Fixed the overhead Freeze Time icons not updating frequently enough to catch certain equipment changes.
- Fixed the Freeze/Invuln Time color correction being wrong if the Invuln Time was shorter than the Freeze Time length.
- Fixed Achievement icons not appearing when it displayed Achievements earned in the previous round.
- Fixed map selection button becoming inactive when Workshop maps are being updated.
- Added Inventory error message when Steam cannot access your items.
- Added item image to Delete Item confirmation.
-- Fixed not auto-scrolling away from a blank item list.
-- Fixed being able to submit without signing.
-- Fixed signatures being offset from the mouse cursor.
- Reduced duration of red player damage effect.
- In GOTV the kill camera now orients so both the killer and victim are visible.
- Fixed spectator navtext no longer wrapping.
- Work in progress improvements to demoui & demoplayer:
-- Menus, Overview Map, Graphs, etc. now work when the demo is paused.
-- Improved seeking with less particle effect, sound, and HUD spew.
-- Demo Timescale slider now goes up to 10x.
-- Added buttons to directly set demo timescale to 1/4x, 1/2x, 1x, 2x, 4x speeds.
-- Fixed Stats Graph round columns not resetting correctly when rewinding a demo.
-- Removed demoui2.
- Fixed color of weapon names not matching the actual rarity of the weapon.
- Added server convar sv_matchend_drops_enabled for suppressing item drops at the end of tournament matches, play time is still accumulated by players and items will be awarded at the next opportunity.
- Using the game_round_end to force a specific winner now consistently increments the round number (you must still use the game_score entity to set the appropriate team score).
- Fixed a case where CT coaches would get locked into 3rd person.
- Cached inventory icons are regenerated if Texture/Shader Detail is increased using the Options menu.
[LINUX DEDICATED SERVERS]
- Updated the version of libstdc++.so.6 for Linux dedicated servers to require Glibc 2.11.
- Linux dedicated servers now upload core dumps out-of-process and more reliably.
Release Notes for 11/20/2013
- Added DreamHack 2013 tab in watch panel. This is the hud to watch and download all the games.
- Added a panel to the spectator UI that shows the event logo, spectator number and viewer item drops during freeze time of an event.
- Added a convar sv_matchpause_auto_5v5, when enabled will track if less than 5 human players are connected on either team and will pause match during nearest freezetime, and will automatically unpause when all 5 players are connected on both teams.
- Spectators of competitive games can now access their inventory.
- Fixed ADR showing the value from the previous half on round 1 of the second half.
- Fixed case where a data series could exceed the chart range.
- Grenade collision with doors is not affected when the grenade kills a chicken.
- Players can no longer throw weapons through displacement surfaces.
Release Notes for 11/21/2013
- Added the Highlights feature. Players can view their own highlights from downloaded matches by selecting ‘Watch Your Highlights’ when clicking on a match. Other players’ highlights can be accessed through the match scoreboard.
[ COMMUNITY ]
- Graphs are now accessible when sv_competitive_official_5v5 is set to 1
- Removed player number restriction from Spectator Stat chart.
A new update has been released for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. This update includes some key features for the upcoming DreamHack 2013 SteelSeries CS:GO Championship. You can now link your Steam account to Twitch.tv and when you spectate DreamHack games you have a chance to receive keyless DreamHack Winter 2013 Souvenir Packages. Various other map fixes are included and demo recording features such as rewind to previous round or player death have been added. Also another excellent feature suggested on Reddit was added - Weapons, grenades, and remaining money are now displayed as icons above player heads during freezetime (Thanks R-arcHoniC). Great to see the CS:GO Devs listening to the community for implementations into future updates! Here is the counter-strike.net article regarding twitch linking and another article for the DreamHack 2013 SteelSeries CS:GO Championship. Full patch notes below:
Release Notes for 11/6/2013
- Changed C4 planting sounds based on pro feedback. When planting the bomb, it plays an initialization sound that everyone can hear, but ONLY the player planting will hear the code typing sounds. This makes fake planting possible (similar to fake diffusing as a CT).
- All items now follow the same pick up sound rules (grenades, C4, weapons, defuse kits, etc):
-- If a player picks up an item while running, it plays a pickup sound that everyone can hear.
-- If a player picks up an item while moving silently, it plays a subtle pickup sound to ONLY the player picking it up.
- Weapons, grenades, and remaining money are now displayed as icons above player heads during freezetime. (Thanks R-arcHoniC)
- Fixed overhead teammate arrows not showing up in some cases.
- Fixed automatic observer target selection failing to find a controllable bot when a player was killed.
-- Fixed lighting on prop in CT spawn.
-- Fixed buggy wallbangs at A main and B halls.
-- Fixed issue with dropping bomb behind spools in mid warehouse.
-- Increased size of Bombsite A plant area.
-- Opened up skybox in T spawn.
-- Improvements to visibility throughout the map. (Thanks andzie!)
-- General optimizations.
-- Smoothed out movement in Bombsite B.
- Added ability to link your Steam account to Twitch.tv account.
- Added Link to Twitch.tv button in Watch tab.
- Added more stats to the Spectator Graphs: Average Damage per Round, Headshot Percentage, Total Cash Earned.
- Fixed uncased knives with no finish displaying incorrectly in the GOTV and Demo UI.
- Fixed spectator weapon panel staying visible when switching to Roam camera.
- Fixed player panel appearing behind graphs.
- Work in progress improvements to demoui & demoplayer:
-- Seeking backward no longer reloads the map.
-- Can now seek to next/previous round start or player death.
- Fixed x-ray rules for coaches.
- Players can now become coaches during freezetime in addition to warmup.